I recently needed Lotus Notes 6.5.2 for business purposes, I knew that it kind of worked with Wine and so I gave it a try. Here are my tips for others who have to run Notes under a Unix-like operating system:
- Take a wine version which is known to work (20050725) newer ones like 0.9 don’t (at least I couldn’t manage to make it work).
- Install the notes client on a Windows box
- Adjust all settings on the Windows box
- set the web browser to notes
- set the sametime connection to manual
- configure proper TCP/IP settings and disable everything else (NETBIOS)
- Copy the notes directory over to the Linux machine
winecfgand set the Windows version to Win98
- Run Notes with
wine "C:\Program Files\lotusnotes\nlnotes.exe"